The ACNMP seeks an energetic and self-motivated individual to work with the Board of Directors and Contemporary Showcase Coordinators in the capacity of Office Administrator.
The Alliance for Canadian New Music Projects (ACNMP) is an organization dedicated to the promotion of Canadian contemporary music. Throughout our history, it has been our mission to encourage teachers to teach Canadian contemporary music, to motivate students to study and perform this music, and to encourage Canadian composers to write music for students of all levels from the most junior to the paraprofessional.
ACNMP has centres of operation in 15 cities and towns across Canada. Every year during Canada Music Week, these centres present a Contemporary Showcase Festival, a non- competitive festival set in a master class format adjudicated by knowledgeable musicians. Various workshops are also available.
Working directly with the President, the Office Administrator is responsible for providing office administrative and clerical services in order to ensure effective and efficient day-to-day operations of ACNMP.
The position requires approximately 15 hours per month, with peak times of work to support the national Contemporary Showcase Festival during late September through mid-January. The candidate should have experience with grant-writing, possess good communication and current technology skills. The candidate should be able to work independently with sound judgment and an attention to detail.
Wage to be negotiated based on qualifications and experience.
To apply for this position, please send a cover letter and resume to Stephanie Chua at firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline for receipt of applications is 5:00 pm EDT, December 31, 2018.
• Funding Development: apply for all available municipal, provincial, and federal funds; research and cultivate relationships with corporate supporters and sponsorships; lead fundraising initiatives
• Administration: manages day-to-day operations of the organization; communication with Contemporary Showcase Centres; work closely with Board Members in assigned tasks; preparation and distribution of quarterly newsletter to membership via MailChimp; updating website via WordPress; responding to emails and voice mails; attend board meetings normally held in September, January, and June
• Promotion & Advocacy: contributing to social media presence (Twitter, Facebook); fostering and building positive relationships with community and arts organizations, supporting Contemporary Showcase Centres
Requirements and Qualifications
The ideal candidate will have demonstrated success in the following:
- Experience in the administration of non-profits and/or arts organizations
- Knowledge of granting and private funding landscape
- Excellent communication (verbal and written), interpersonal, and problem-solving skills
- Initiative, ability to work independently, and sound time-management skills
- Computer and social media proficiency (applications include Microsoft Office, WordPress, Mailchimp, Facebook and Twitter)
- Ability to work with virtual teams
Preferred Skills, Experience, Background, and Interests
- French is strongly preferred
- Musical background is an asset
- Interest in supporting the teaching and the performance of Canadian contemporary music